Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sick travel plans and just plain sick

Hi All,

This weekend, Jesse and I headed into Seoul to Xanadu travel agency and just decided to bite the bullet and book something for our winter vacation. We decided to book a 4-day, 3-night trip to Beijing. It sounds pretty great, actually. We'll fly out New Year's Day so we get to spend New Year's in Seoul with our friends. We'll have our own private English-speaking tour guide and will get to see all the big sights - the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, and tons of other cool stuff. We'll be in Beijing for the whole time. Jesse and I are both really excited for that.
The rest of Saturday we just spent doing our Korean homework and watching movies to try to save some money after blowing so much at the travel agent. That night we went to see the new Narnia movie, which was only so-so.

That night I got a really bad flu and Jesse has been battling a cold for awhile so we both just spent Sunday lying around and feeling sick. So that brings us to our new week.

This week at my school we're not doing anything particularly exciting. Our staff has our Christmas party on Friday night. We did a secret Santa and I, unfortunately, picked my school's owner and director who speaks no English and is one of the top 6 richest men in Korea so the 10 dollar limit will result in a present he's totally thrilled about, I'm sure.

Jesse's busy planning for his winter camp, which is coming up soon. Not much else is new here. We're both getting excited for Christmas and China but that's about it.

Hope all is well back home!
Ali and Jesse

1 comment: